The Benefits of Turkish Passport
Turkey offers many privileges and benefits to people who have a Turkish passport. According to the data of the Henley Passport Index, the Turkish passport is among the world's 100 most powerful passports in the first quarter of 2022.
Business people are at the forefront of the groups that benefit most from the power of the Turkish passport. Turkey is an attraction center for foreign investors with a strategic location, modern logistic infrastructure, broad production potential, etc. Also, the government supports investors and protects their rights with regulations. Thus, the interest of business people in obtaining Turkish citizenship by investment has increased. Read Why Turkey? for more reasons.
The Turkish Passport Types
There are four types of Turkish Passports:
- Regular Passport: It is a public passport of Turkish citizens. Foreigners get their Turkish official passports by applying for citizenship.
- Special Passport: It is also called a green passport. It is given to civil officials working on behalf of the state and their families for 5 years. They should meet certain conditions.
- Service Stamped Passport: It is also called a grey passport. It is issued to people who will abroad for the state. Its duration is limited by the duration of the task.
- Diplomatic Passport: Turkey’s government officials use it. It gives a high privilege than the other types of passports. For example, diplomatic passport holders can enter many countries without a visa, thanks to a black passport.
What are the Advantages of Turkish Passport?
Turkish passport’s benefits are a lot. Some are:
- Turkish passport and citizenship are processed and delivered in an average of 60 working days.
- Turkish citizens have the right to enter 72 countries without a visa.
- You do not have to stay for a certain period of time.
- It includes full medical rights.
- Retirees benefit from Pension Programs as Turkish citizens.
- It provides free education and college tuition reimbursement.
- It gives the right to vote in all kinds of elections.
- It allows dual citizenship. The Turkish passport is valid for 10 years. You can renew it for life.
Does Turkey Allow Dual Citizenship?
Dual nationality is allowed in Turkey. It means that you can be a Turkish citizen and also a citizen of other countries.
You can apply for the Turquoise Card program if you live in a country where dual citizenship is not allowed. It is like a Green Card in the USA. You can have the same rights as Turkish citizens. But you are not allowed to vote or perform military service.
You can visit The Turquoise Card of Turkey for more details.
How to Get a Turkish Passport?
There are a few ways to get a Turkish Passport. But, the most popular way is to get citizenship by buying real estate and funds. According to the new regulation, you can apply for Turkish citizenship when you buy real estate worth 400.000 USD.
Alternatively, you can also invest in a Turkish bank with a deposit of 500.000 USD. Both guarantee a Turkish passport within 60-90 days. It is delivered directly to you.
If you purchase property through our company, our professionals make your buying process smooth and simple. We are with you throughout the whole process. We are always ready to answer your questions and relieve your worries. Even as long as you do not sell your property, we support you with our after-sales services.
You can check Buying in Turkey for more details.
How Many Countries Can Turkish Passport Go Without Visa?
There are 111 countries you can travel to with a Turkish passport. 72 of these countries are visa-free, 36 of them are visa on arrival, and 3 e-Visa destinations.
You can find a part of the list of Turkish passport visa-free countries with their visa requirements below. Visit All About Turkish Passport | Countries with Visa-Free Entry to see the full list.
|Country||Visa requirement||Allowed Stay||Notes|
|Central African Republic||Visa required|
|Egypt||Visa required||Visa not required when traveling as part of the tourist group that consists of at least 10 persons.|
Visa on arrival for Turkish citizens younger than 20 or older than 45 years.
|Iran||Visa not required||3 months|
|Jordan||Visa not required||3 months|
|Kuwait||Visa on arrival||30 days|
|Moldova||Visa not required||90 days||90 days within any 180 day period. - ID card valid.|
|Qatar||Visa not required||90 days|
|Saudi Arabia||Visa required|
|Serbia||Visa not required||90 days|
|South Africa||Visa on arrival||30 days|
|Ukraine||Visa not required||90 days||90 days within any 180-day period. - ID card valid.|
|United Arab Emirates||Visa required|
|United Kingdom||Visa required|
|United States||Visa required|